Wednesday, June 03, 2009

La

I'm almost home!! Luckily we got to have lots of fun yesterday so the week really is going by fast. We went to wadi mujib yesterday...it was incredible!! maybe not so amazing if you’ve been to Zions and other similar sites in Utah...but I havent so it was great. We walked through beautiful canyons and swam over waterfalls. sometimes the current was so strong we had to hold onto a rope. It was so fun and the water was really warm.










Today we're doing some shopping downtown and tomorrow just last minute things we can think of. Friday we leave really late at night but because of the time change we'll be back in the America Saturday morning! I cant wait. haha, I said “the America”...didnt mean to do that... I really need to get back home. But I will definitely miss taxis. We have had so many great experiences with the taxi drivers. By great I mean memorable... driving in Jordan is so scary. Like you really do feel like you might die. I just got used to not looking anywhere when we're in the car. We always try to use Arabic words with them and I’ve had a few tell me all about the messenger Mohammad... "(taxi)you know what a messenger is? (me) like a prophet? (taxi) yes!! a prophet! Just like Isa and Abrahim" I have to bite my tongue not to tell them about my prophets... But I cant wait to walk places and not be the center of attention. We really make a scene wherever we go. EVERYONE stops and stares. I cant wait to "fit in" when I walk outside. And all the men have a comment also...usually welcome, beautiful, hi, hello, good evening, where you from...another funny thing about the men here is the male hair salons all over. They always have pictures of leonardo dicaprio and brad pitt on the front sign. But they are everywhere. and sometimes its spelt male hair saloon which is interesting... I'm trying to remember all the weird things that have become so normal for me... Well I have lots of pictures. I cant wait to be home soon. I want to eat lots of American food. and drink tap water. and take a shower thats a normal temperature. love you and miss you!!

Karen

p.s. la means No. Its fun to say. like la la la la la... I dont remember if I already told you this but its worth repeating...

Some random pictures

Celebration on campus:



Shopping Downtown:

This picture reminds me of the market place in Aladdin...


The shop owner really wanted me to try it on.... he wrapped me up

I promise the shop owner made me where this also...


fresh squeezed juice in Jordan is everywhere


Eating:


Eating our favorite bread from the bakery

Our favorite "fastfood" Abu Jubara

Our instructor Elaine had a beautiful apartment and we loved having yummy dinners there!



The House and around town

Doing laundry at our house was always exciting, we flooded the kitchen a few times


shopping at the market



A silly mail hair "saloon" sign

The computer lab at the school where I sent all my emails from

talking to Chandler on skype...my sunday ritual


0 comments: