Thursday, May 21, 2009

kam saah


So this was our last week in the hospital. Today I got to spend some time in the ICU. It was a little more "technological". There was this ancient looking machine that I realized was a ventilator and all the vital signs were taken electronically... They were pretty proud but I was still pretty shocked at the conditions. I have been invited to so many events that are going on in Jordan. Everyone wants the Americans to come. Doctors who are having seminars or teachers or anything thats going on we get an invite to. A kid walked up to me in the hall and said his friend knows me (a doctor I met) and he invited our whole group over for dinner. haha, I told him this was our last day...I didnt specify what it was the last day of.... This next week we actually are leaving though. We get to be tourists!! This Sunday we're going to Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqauba, and the dead sea. Maybe some crusader castles along the way. It’s going be fun but I dont think I'll have email while we're gone. The sad news is that we dont get to go to Jerusalem. BYU wont let us. If anyone happens to have connections to the Jerusalem center work it for me... They say they dont have room for us but I know thats a lie. Can you believe they would deprive us of that opportunity when we're so close??!! Ugh, that makes me so mad. I guess I'll just have to come back here. Everyone was so nice at the hospital and they were so sad we were leaving. One nurse gave me a picture with her phone number on the back. One of my students gave me a really good music cd of a popular Jordanian group. Ive heard the song played everywhere I go here so I'm glad I have a copy of it. My other student gave me this really nice copy of the Qur'an. Its a pretty book and it has English translations. I was so shocked! It was such a nice gift!! The people here are so amazing. Hopefully I get a chance to write again before I leave for traveling. Love you Karen

Everyday at the hospital, we would meet in our teachers office for lunch


The toilet on campus...


students at the hospital

ICU staff

at the hospital



Out front of the nursing building on campus

After our last day at the hospital we had all the students we were paired with come to our house for a little party, it was so fun!!

0 comments: